The Derby Manufacturing UTC offers students incredible opportunties through valued and relevant local industry partnerships
We are working with an excellent and exciting range of employers including The University of Derby, Derby City Council, Toyota, Rolls-Royce, Bombardier, The Royal Navy and more.
Our employer partners are fully committed to Derby Manufacturing UTC through a common aim in providing ambitious young people with a clear goal in life and to reach their potential, whilst also generating employees for the engineering and manufacturing industries.
Industry and employer engagement with Derby Manufacturing UTC students includes:
- Leadership and practical support in the creation and maintenance of a series of high quality, work related student projects.
- Mentoring support to students and staff.
- Offering practical resources, access to equipment, site visits and presentations to groups of students.
- Guidance, expertise and experience in interview techniques.
- Work experience to students.
Employers will demonstrate how theoretical concepts have very real and exciting practical applications within their organisations. This offer does not currently exist in Derby schools or the surrounding area and will open up a range of different pathways, career opportunities and learning experiences for Derby Manufacturing UTC.